Director of Corporate Accounting | Sample Resume
Are you applying for a Director of Corporate Accounting position? Do you need to update or tailor your resume for a Director of Corporate Accounting job? Review our Director of Corporate Accounting sample resume below to see how to make the most of your credentials.
Director of Corporate Accounting Sample Resume
Summary of Qualifications
Highly innovative CPA with experience in all aspects of accounting and financial management, operational analysis and internal controls, adept in the areas of financial reporting, budgeting and planning, knowledge of internal and system controls and systems implementation.
2006 - Present
Director of Corporate Accounting
Manage department of seven individuals in all aspects of corporate accounting and consolidation reporting for a $300 million publicly held global software development organization. Oversee the development and maintenance of and adherence to company wide accounting policies and procedures. Provide guidance to worldwide reporting entities on accounting issues and manage the quarterly and annual external audit process.
- Developed and implemented improved processes for monthly and quarterly closing and reporting cycles, resulting in a 30% reduction in required closing time.
Manager of External Reporting
Manage department of four individuals in the areas of corporate consolidation reporting; including quarterly and annual 10-Q and 10-K preparation for $2 billion publicly held global chemical Manufacturing Corporation. Serve as liaison to all reporting entities for accounting and reporting issues and external auditors for both financial audit and Sarbanes-Oxley issues.
- Developed and implemented company wide spreadsheet controls policy and procedure.
- Successfully implemented corporate consolidation software application and re-engineered closing process, resulting in reduction in closing time by 20%.
Manager of External Reporting
Responsible for completion of quarterly financial reporting process, including preparation and submission of consolidated 10-Q and 10-K financial statements for a $450 million dollar global designer, installer, operator and maintainer of water and wastewater treatment systems. Defined, documented and oversaw adherence to internal control and accounting procedures for the Corporate Consolidations group.
- Developed and maintained GAAP compliant Financial Reporting manual for all Ionic’s subsidiaries, both domestic and foreign.
(Director Budgeting, 2000–2003)
(Director Financial Reporting, 1997–2000)
(Manager Fixed Assets and Inventory, 1996-1997)
Responsible for financial operations: including financial reporting, general ledger maintenance, budgeting, and inventory and capital asset management, of $200M operating division. Serve as financial liaison to seventy-five divisional departments. Divisional operations include the areas of manufacturing, retail, services and real estate (both international and domestic operations).
- Aggressively managed profit and loss monitoring program resulting in an average annual increase of 10% in divisional net income.
- Successfully guided implementation team through the Company wide roll out of SAP finance and accounting modules, completing the areas of implementation within given timeline.
- Through implementation of Hyperion Enterprise financial reporting software application and re-engineering of processes, reduced reporting time by 70% on a monthly basis.
- Significantly improved the annual operating and capital budget preparation and submission process. Utilizing Access database system and various modeling tools, reduced budget preparation and submission process time by 20%.
- Successfully developed department of eight individuals leading to promotions for 30% of staff.
Bachelor of Sciences in Business Administration, major in Accounting
Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Hyperion Enterprise, Business Objects, Great Plains Dynamics Fixed Assets, Microsoft Office (all products), Microsoft Project, M&D mainframe
< Back to Resume Center