AJT | Chief Financial Officer Sample Resume
Chief Financial Officer – Real Estate
City, CA 91107
- Fortune 100 experience.
- Strategic business partner and initiative leader across Business Units, Divisions and Departments.
- Systems ERP implementation experience with JD Edwards, Lawson, Infinium, SAP.
- Policy/procedure development, business reengineering, standardization of practices, organizational efficiency, relationship building.
- Strategic planning, financial modeling, analysis, controls, systems development, forecasting and reporting on over $10 billion of capital development assets.
Company, Inc., City, ST Present
Chief Financial Officer
- Hired to assess/improve controls, provide audited financial statements; produce more timely, accurate and comprehensive reporting.
- Mentor company executives.
- Direct all finance, accounting, information technology, human resources and administrative functions of $100 million real estate development/ contractor/ management company.
- Assessed operations and successfully implemented new initiatives including monthly status presentations to executives, operating budgets and forecasts, stronger accounting controls (including segregation of duties), written accounting procedures, cost analysis, employee communication and training programs.
- Building strong relationships with clients through proactive thinking, quick interface and response.
- Reengineered P&L and job costing processes for more accurate and timely reporting.
- Implemented treasury functions, cash flow analysis and cash management program.
- Improved monthly-consolidated accounting close, a reduction of 30 days or more from previous process.
- Hired independent CPA firm to provide full annual audit of balance sheet and P&L.
- Analyze risk associated with legal issues, interface with legal counsel, recommend courses of action to mitigate issues and oversee mitigation implementation.
Company Inc., City, ST 2001 - 2003
Chief Financial Officer, Corporate Real Estate
- Hired to implement new systems, develop procedures, improve controls/reporting and develop/analyze financial models.
- Corporate lead for systems, controls and policy and procedures initiatives across all twelve divisions.
- Partnered with Division CFO’s and Sr. Management to standardize accounting practices, eliminate inefficiencies and led the development and implementation of company-wide standardization.
- Certified the accuracy of accounting information and reporting.
- Reduced balance sheet exposure through proforma, business case study and analysis of $1.5 billion annual real estate capital program nationwide.
- Review and recommend approval for development proforma’s and proposals from twelve divisions representing almost 2,000 operating grocery retail stores.
- Accounting management of property management group responsible for over 80 shopping centers and 1,100 tenants.
- Team leader for audits.
- Prepared, analyzed and presented cost/benefit analysis for new initiatives.
- Reengineered development/construction practices and organization structure.
- Identified the requirements, selected vendor and led the implementation of a new financial system, resulting in segregation of duties and $20 million annual savings.
Company, City, ST 1996 - 2001
Vice President Finance and Administration
- Hired to build infrastructure, put staff in place, implement financial systems, write policies and procedures, and define controls for $5 billion expansion of Recreation Division.
- Led the development of new accounting systems/controls across five business units:
- Replaced six antiquated systems into one cohesive accounting system that was integrated with corporate general ledger system, standardizing business practices, improving accuracy, efficiency and reporting capabilities.
- Strategic leader for design and implementation of systems and controls for
- Universal Studios Recreation Group, working hand in hand with CFO’s and Controllers from each business unit to obtain buy-in and compliance.
- Defined roles and responsibilities for each job function.
- Developed controls by developing and implementing segregation of duties for each job classification.
- Developed Labor distribution system where none existed.
- Led the development of the online capital approval system, replacing paper and manually tracked processes with electronic authorizations and approvals.
- Sponsor for online purchase requisition development.
- Presented to Chairman, Division CFO’s and Board Members at each Divisions monthly executive presentation (Hollywood, Florida, Spain, Japan) for status of financial, schedule and project issues. Insured action items were processed, proper follow-up completed and responses properly documented.
- Led the development, standardization and implementation of division policies and procedures.
- Developed internal controls including the use of approval requirements across multiple teams and projects.
- Exceeded P&L objectives by more than 15% annually through cost cutting and tight fiscal controls.
- Built a team, trained and led 45 staff providing control services to projects worldwide.
- Mentored staff and provided guidance and decisions on strategic issues.
- Generated annual operating plans, monthly forecasts and presented status to division and corporate executives.
Company, City, ST 1995 - 1996
- Hired to create business practices, systems and reporting for entertainment development start up.
- Defined business practices, created and led finance/accounting and human resources departments.
- Implemented accounting program and integration with Sony of America.
- Prepared monthly financial statements and consolidated with Sony of America.
- Budgeting, planning, analysis, forecasting and reporting.
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Business Administration
< Back to Resume Center
Earn a Degree in Accounting Today