AJT | Payroll Administrator Job Description
We are seeking a bright, creative, goal-oriented, high energy and hardworking individual to fill our Payroll Administrator position. The selected candidate will be responsible for processing all aspects of a bi-weekly, multi-state payroll for non-union employees and weekly multi-state payroll for union employees.
- Process manual time cards and worksheets to insure accurate and timely running of union and non-union payroll.
- Ensure accuracy of payroll records by maintaining database with updates in status changes, tax withholdings, benefits deductions, time off accruals, etc…
- Initialize journal entries and balance out accounts.
- Submit bi-weekly 401k contributions and reconcile health insurance deductions to monthly statements.
- Prepare and remit federal, state, and local tax reports in a timely fashion.
- Prepare and submit monthly Worker’s Comp report to insurance carriers.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of payroll processing experience for a multi-state employer with multiple locations.
- MUST HAVE previous experience processing union payrolls.
- Knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirements.
- Must have experience with using weighted average calculations for employees with multiple pay rates.
- Payroll related benefits administration which includes transmission of 401k contributions, census reports, health insurance billing reconciliation, etc…
- Worker’s comp payroll reporting experience.
- Proven customer service skills while maintaining a confidential work environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
- A committed team player, detail oriented and an effective communicator
- Preferred Skills:
- Experience with for payroll processing and report writing systems such as CompuPay or ADP
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Additional Requirements:
- Assist and play a major contributing role in the implementation of existing projects such as electronic timekeeping
- Possess a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Flexible personal style to work with diverse personalities. Professional, yet personable demeanor.
- Ability to effectively communicate information to employees and management.
- Ability to interface with and satisfy the needs of diverse groups-ranging from corporate to operations people
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting