Controller | Sample Resume
Are you applying for a Controller position? Do you need to update or tailor your resume for a Controller job? Review our Controller sample resume below to see how to make the most of your credentials.
Controller Sample Resume
- Accounting professional for 7+ years: Specializing in Property Management.
- Information Technology specialist: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Yardi (Enterprise & Voyager), QuickBooks, Skyline, Excel, Word, Outlook, & Access.
2006 - Present
- Start up new Property Management Company with owner and CEO.
- Managing a portfolio of 5100+ residential units & converting all data into Yardi Voyager.
- Set up procedures for AP processing, AR collections, payroll, vendor screenings, and HR functions.
- Train property managers on Yardi, AR, AP, resident relations, vacancies, and evictions.
- Run payroll semi-monthly for 200+ employees using ADP.
- Prepare due diligence for purchasing or selling of properties.
- Maintain all facets of the accounting cycle – financial statements, general ledger, bank reconciliations, journal entries, and keeping an overall accurate audit trail.
- Preserving all company data by building a server and networking all company computers.
- Provide technical support for entire company – set up wireless connections, run anti-spy ware and security programs, update all software programs when needed, and resolve any miscellaneous computer issues.
2004 - 2006
- Managed a portfolio of 5000+ residential units and supervised 2 junior accountants and 3 A/P clerks.
- Produced monthly / quarterly financial statements, general ledger, bank reconciliations, payroll, & J/E’s.
- Trained property managers A/R, A/P, and leasing workflow on the accounting software.
- Implemented new efficient accounting procedures such as standardizing processing and coding for receivables, payables, and reporting.
- Assisted the CFO and Asset Managers in year-end audits, budgets, and special projects.
2000 - 2004
Senior Accountant / IT Support
- Managed a portfolio of 25+ commercial & industrial properties.
- Produced and maintained accurate books for A/R, A/P, general ledger, and financial statements.
- Worked directly with the CFO and COO in multiple projects which consisted of forecasting yearly budgets, preparation of quarterly taxes, CAM reconciliation, and conducting yearly audits.
- Streamlined the accounting system which improved processes by 30% through new software implementation and elimination of repetitive processes.
- Generated timely financial reports and well as reviewed financials reports for another property accountant.
- Performed month-end activities such as recording J/E’s, bank reconciliation, debt service payments, and escrow account analysis.
- Responsible for preparing weekly reports for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash flow.
- Assisted the Controller with yearly budget projections, audits, and CAM reconciliation.
- Provided technical support to accounting department as well as the property managers off-site.
Bachelor of Arts – Accounting
School name, City
< Back to Resume Center
Earn a Degree in Accounting Today