AJT | Chief Financial Officer Sample Resume
Chief Financial Officer – Distribution & Corporate Development
City, CA 91355
Phone: (555) 555-0192 Cell: (555) 555-0192
SENIOR FINANCIAL EXECUTIVE
Innovative thinker with broad based expertise in finance and corporate development. Proven ability to quickly analyze key business issues and develop successful strategies for growing the bottom line.
A seasoned professional with 25 years experience in the financial management and global corporate development. An experienced CFO who has also been involved in strategic alliances, acquisitions, strategic planning, consulting, operations supervision and new product program management. Repeated success in guiding sizeable, cross-functional teams to reach their objectives. Recognized for creative “out of the box” solutions to business issues, ability to communicate financial and business strategies to all levels of management and proven skills in building consensus on company direction. Technology literate and well organized.
Areas of expertise include:
- Corporate and Financial Strategy
- Strategic Partnerships
- Financial Management – Policies & Systems
- Technology Planning and Solutions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Staff Training and Development
- Debt and Equity Funding
- Commercial Product and Service Pricing
Solid track record of success with high growth, turnaround, start-up and global organizations.
- Saved a near bankrupt $8 million telemarketing company by restructuring their service pricing, re-negotiating existing contracts, and eliminating unproductive projects.
- Turned cash flow positive within two months of joining firm, drove bottom line to 15% profitability and enabled a $1 million equity infusion after one year. Company later became a leader in outsourced customer service.
- Part of team that negotiated and implemented new sales channels for a $300 million international data communications service provider.
- Agreements increased company revenues by 15 % within two years.
- Spearheaded acquisition of software companies, conducting due diligence, serving on the negotiation team, and integrating operations. Coordinated joint venture development and strategic partnership design.
- Successfully negotiated $22 million lines of credit for $60 million food manufacturer.
- Provided financial analysis and due diligence supervision for a $200 million debt offering and follow-on IPO for a $600 million telecommunications company.
Company LLC, City, ST 2005 – Present
Vice-President, Finance & Administration; CFO
- Responsible for accounting, finance, information systems and human resources, staff of 9 including two managers.
- Led the selection process and installation of a new ERP system to replace 20 year old inventory tracking program.
- Took management reporting from once a month to daily reporting and analysis.
- Overhauled insurance programs, providing improved coverage while saving $80,000 / year.
Company, City, ST 1989-2005
Sr. Director Corporate Strategic Planning / Corporate Development
- Recruited to lead the M&A program, the role was expanded to include management of service pricing,
- strategic planning, corporate development (strategic partnerships, joint ventures, etc.) and divisional
- controller functions.
- Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer and the CFO, the role also supervised departments providing new product program management and the product line profitability analysis to Product Marketing.
- Led a staff of 15 and chaired international cross-functional “task forces” of as many as 50 participants. Company grew from $250 million in revenues to over $600 million while in these roles.
- Identified, negotiated and led acquisitions of European and North American software companies.
- Coordinated successful divestiture of Canadian division to Bell Canada.
- Developed a corporate strategic planning process that identified major corporate resource constraints.
- Company more than doubled its revenues over the next three years.
- Revised pricing strategies and billing systems for data services that generated 70% of company revenues.
- New pricing lead to a 3 point increase in market share for existing products.
- Successfully coordinated the launch of 20 new data communication services to over 50 countries.
- Re-engineered program management, reducing new product schedule slippages by 50%.
- Designed and implemented product line performance reporting systems which led to revisions in commission and bonus programs.
MBA. Concentrations in finance and marketing.
BS. Major in Engineering
Additional post graduate coursework through University Extension: Mergers & Acquisitions, Strategic Planning, Activity Based Cost Management, Pricing, Public Presentations and Effective Executive.
References available upon request.
< Back to Resume Center
Earn a Degree in Accounting Today