AJT | Tax Analyst Job Description
The Tax Analyst position is involved in all aspects of domestic transaction tax compliance and research in the unique and quickly evolving field of e-commerce.
- Preparing transaction tax (sales/use, business & occupation, gross receipts, and property tax) returns for monthly, quarterly and annual filings;
- Researching transaction tax issues;
- Interpreting and complying with state, local and international statutes, regulations, and legislation;
- Preparing for, and assisting with, transaction tax audits.
- Preparing and/or reviewing indirect tax filings for Amazon.com and related companies.
- Providing guidance based on research of transaction tax laws and regulations.
- Assisting with the reconciliation of transaction tax general ledger accounts
- Developing and implementing process improvements
This position requires an ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where attention to detail, analytical skills and strong communication skills are essential.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other four year degree with equivalent accounting experience.
- One - five years accounting or transaction tax experience.
- Strong computer technical skills - MS Excel
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Strong communication skills - both oral and written
- Team-player, customer-centric attitude
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting