AJT | Senior Compliance Accountant Job Description
Senior Compliance Accountant
- Ensures the timely and accurate posting, balancing, and reconciliation of the general ledger for each entity.
- Prepares work papers, financial statements, and various reports for internal accounting and auditing.
- Researches and analyzes fluctuations between current financial results compared to prior year, prior month, and budgeted amounts.
- Works with independent auditors and insurance department auditors to ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements.
- Prepares insurance department quarterly and annual statements including the conversion from
- GAAP accounting to statutory accounting.
- Recommends changes in accounting systems and procedures.
- Assists business partners with budget activity, proper expenditure coding, document preparation, and other accounting-related activities.
- Reviews the work completed by the bookkeepers, bank reconcilers, and accounts payable clerks to ensure accurate financial transactions.
- Assists in the training of technical and clerical personnel.
The ideal candidate will typically have the following:
- Degree in Accounting/Finance from an accredited college
- Five years of accounting related experience, including working in a lead and/or training capacity
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices, including GAAP and statutory accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in spreadsheet applications
- Clean credit history as reported by credit report
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting