AJT | Senior Accountant Job Description
The Senior Staff Accountant reports to the Controller. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, and financial reporting, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Responsible for general ledger.
- Fixed asset processing and reporting.
- Maintain bank accounts by requesting disbursements.
- Monitor reserve accounts and short-term fund investments.
- Review bank statements.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Auditing and verifying documents.
- Following internal controls.
- Completing data backups.
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
- Interviewing, hiring orienting and training employees.
- Planinng, assigning, and directing work.
- Coaching and appraising performance.
- Rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must have an Accounting degree and atleast 4 years experience.
- MBA or CPA certification is a plus.
- Good Phone Communications Skills.
- Strong Computer Skills.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Manager of Financial Reporting.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors and other Pinkerton employees.
- Ability to function as a team player.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting