AJT | Medical Coding Job Description
- Assembly and analysis of patient medical records.
- Analyze and review medical records for completeness and accuracy of document according to specified standards and determine appropriate steps to follow.
- Note record deficiencies, assign to the responsible practitioner via the Meditech system, and follow up to ensure deadline compliance.
- Compile statistical information to be included in reports of hospital activity.
- Process and maintain release of information requests according to HIPAA regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years of experience working in a health information management department, especially in an electronic records environment.
- Knowledge of record content
- Knowledge of Meditech
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting