Director of Treasury | Sample Job Description 2
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for your Director of Treasury position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for a Director of Treasury position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
Director of Treasury
As the Director of Treasury, you will initially be working to build a new Treasury and Bank Reconciliation team. During the establishment of this new team, 30% to 40% travel will be required.
- Develop a plan to transition the Treasury and Bank Reconciliation department from our Chicago office to our Novi Corporate Headquarters.
- Develop plans to upgrade current automated bank reconciliation software or implement a new software package.
Long Term Goals and Responsibilities
- Establishing and maintaining short-term credit availability, including revolving credit agreements and commercial paper programs, to provide liquidity for the Company.
- Direct cash management for the Company including forecasting, collection, disbursement, investment of excess funds, short term borrowing and interest rate management.
- Facilitating the Company’s relationships with commercial banks, credit rating agencies, payment service providers and lenders.
- Supervising both a Treasury Manager and staff and a Bank Reconciliation Manager and staff and ensuring the management and staff is adequately performing their job responsibilities and meeting their goals.
- Maintaining automated bank reconciliation software package and ensuring all reconciliations are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reviewing and preparing all necessary schedules for the year-end external audit and quarterly reviews.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Finance required. Masters degree in Business or Finance preferred.
- At least 10-12 years of progressive experience in Accounting with a strong emphasis on the Treasury function.
- At least 7-8 years of management experience.
- Must have strong analytical/quantitative skills and experience with a multi-site organization.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting