AJT | Director of Purchasing Job Description
Director of Purchasing
The Director of Purchasing is responsible for the direction of the materials management and purchasing function to achieve service and inventory goals as well as the development of best in class processes to drive service level improvement.
He or she will work across functional and geographic boundaries to ensure high levels of customer service and satisfaction relative to inventory service levels and management and communication of inventory failures.
- Develop and maintain a high-performance culture in the function, resulting in continued success meeting functional KPIs and improved levels of customer service to interior and exterior customers.
- Identify and develop key talent and appropriately manage underperformers to ensure success of all individuals in the department.
- Manage the tactical operations of the materials management and purchasing function & staff.
- Collaborate with Inventory Management team to ensure accurate Forecasting and inventory planning
- Liaise with counterparts in other functional areas such as Sales, Product Management, and Warehouse personnel to ensure alignment of activities and objectives.
- Work across a global, matrixed organization, sharing and learning best practices, and balancing global and local needs and impacts.
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Identify vendor opportunities and challenges and partner with the Product Management team to ensure appropriate resolution.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree required with relevant (operations, business) field of study preferred
- 7+ years relevant materials management & purchasing experience preferably in B to B distribution required and specific experience in process improvement
- Experience working globally preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of inventory planning, forecasting techniques as well as operational systems and warehouse management
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented with strong quantitative analytical skills and an innovative approach to problem solving
- Excellent MS Office (Excel, MSQuery, Access, PowerPoint) capabilities required
- Strong written communication and presentation skills required
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting