AJT | Director of Accounting Job Description
Director of Accounting
- Ownership for the integrity, accuracy, and informational quality of overall DDM controllership functions and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley/GAAP.
- Areas of coverage include P&L, Balance Sheet (A/R, A/P, Inventory, and Fixed Assets), Cash Flows and all other regulatory requirements of the legal entity.
- Responsibilities include all fiscal period close processes, financial reporting, financial systems maintenance, internal controls and regulatory compliance procedures, tax reporting, and integration of all corporate controllership initiatives.
- Position will also oversee activities supporting budgeting/forecasting and variance analyses.
Expected to manage the accounting department towards efficient and value-added processes, and interact effectively with all levels of the organization within DDM as well as the broader The Walt Disney Company.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
- Business degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 5+ years experience in Accounting
- Experience in complex, multi-variable business
- Experience managing all areas of P&L and Balance Sheet accounting
- Experience in budgeting/forecasting/variance analysis
- Supervisory Experience.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proficiency in Windows applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), with demonstrated expertise in complex Excel-based financial modeling.
- Strong analytical abilities and results orientation.
- SAP or strong systems experience
- Proficient in active communication and solid interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, project/task management experience and cross-functional coordination skills.
Month/Quarter/Year End Close & Financial Reporting
- General controllership responsibilities for producing timely, accurate, and GAAP compliant financial results for all fiscal periods.
- Ensure completion of all required reports/schedules, both internal (TWDC/ DCP/DDM) and regulatory.
- Oversee all reconciliations and audit support. (40%)
Budgeting/Forecast and Variance Analyses Support
- Assist with various areas of budget and forecast development, including balance sheet, cash flows, and other areas.
- Support variance analyses of actual versus budget/forecast/prior year. (10%)
Internal Controls/Policies & Procedures
- Provide leadership to organization on all areas of accounting policy, maintain internal controls, and manage fiduciary processes and procedures. (15%)
- Supervise and develop staff.
- Establish priorities.
- Ensure staff is completing required functions and developing their technical and professional skills.
- Liaise with key stakeholders.
- Be recognized and established functional expert on all controllership activities and GAAP accounting requirements. (15%)
Other (Systems support, special projects, issues resolution)
- Provide leadership/management for a variety of ad hoc initiatives, including but not limited to financial systems improvements, process enhancements, accounting structures for new business models and relationships, reconciliation diagnostics, and the like. (20%)
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting