AJT |Director of Accounting Job Description
Director of Accounting
Scope of Position
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties. Directly supervises approximately 12 employees in General Accounting. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly responsible for closing of monthly financial records.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packages.
- Prepare rolling 12 month forecast and assist in preparation of annual budget.
- Acts as the focal point for Independent Auditors overseeing and ensuring the completion of the quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Manage Senior/Staff Accountants.
- Review monthly consolidated financial package presented to Board of Directors on a monthly basis.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees
- Planning, assigning, and directing work
- Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred, and five (5) to ten (10) years related experience and/or training.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting