Credit Analyst | Sample Job Description 2
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for your Credit Analyst position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for a Credit Analyst position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
Primary Job Functions
- Analyze customer financial condition and authorize customer credit lines
- Minimize bad debt risk, maximize accounts receivable collections
- Assist with order management
- Reconcile customer statements/billings,
- Communicate credit department and company payment policies
- Participate in process improvement projects, and support other management directives as prescribed.
- Assess credit risk and establish credit limits.
- Analyze customer financial statements.
- Provide financial order management support to Supply Chain and Sales and Marketing personnel to control credit exposure, effect timely payment, and minimize risk of customer disputes.
- Conduct collection calls and customer visits to collect Accounts Receivables.
- Negotiate customer disputes to resolution and documents root cause.
- Provide customer service and develops relationships with internal/external customers and suppliers.
- Maintain accurate credit files and collection files. Maintain electronic collect notes for each customer account.
- Market, train, counsel, advise, and communicate credit department policy and procedures to company personnel.
- Participate in major department projects and take an active role in cross-functional teams to assist in driving quality improvements, processes, and initiatives.
- Actively participates and communicates in the team-based work groups that make up the Credit Department.
- Bachelors degree required in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- Apply basic accounting principles in the interpretation of customer financial statements.
- Effectively secure prompt payment from customers while employing commercial sensitivity, business acumen, and good judgment.
- Effective business writing and professional communication skills.
- 1-2 years experience utilizing Microsoft Office, Internet, and related computer skills.
- Letter of credit and other export credit security and knowledge (when applicable).
- Demonstrated Effective Customer Service Skills.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting