AJT | Credit Analyst Job Description
Analyze counterparty credit risk daily for compliance and reporting. Manage credit risk through negotiation of credit support agreements and margining with counterparties. Design, develop and implement new processes in an effort to more fully automate controls and reporting. Provide credit information to other departments and assist in cross-department projects, including commercial transactions.
- Daily margining - which includes checking exposures and comparing against contract credit terms - to manage both incoming and outgoing collateral calls.
- Negotiation of credit terms for physical and financial industry standard trading contracts with counterparties.
- Monitor credit exposure and performance of counterparties in order to facilitate proactive management of risks.
- Handle all types of collateral issues, including Parent Guarantees, Letters of Credit, and Cash.
- Prepare daily and weekly collateral and risk reports.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting needs for Management.
- Counterparty credit evaluation / review.
- Strong spreadsheet and advanced Excel (e.g., pivot tables, lookups).
- Understanding of commodity markets (e.g., options, swaps).
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- Assertive and able to negotiate with counterparties and interface with senior management
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong troubleshooter and ability to solve unstructured problems.
- Required: Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Science, IT, Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- Preferred: Masters Degree in Business Administration/Finance/Management
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting