Business Analyst | Sample Job Description 2
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for your Business Analyst position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for a Business Analyst position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
The primary responsibility of this role is to solicit, define, and manage requirements for internally and externally developed software. This individual should have experience with requirements management and software development methodology and have worked extensively with business users, programmers, and Quality Assurance.
This position will define the business requirements and technology-independent process and data models for technology solutions that meet the needs for various business areas and will bridge the gap between the business customer and the technology solution providers (e.g., vendors, infrastructure team, and development team)
- Understanding and documenting business processes and workflows and their relationships to current and future software solutions.
- Partnering with business users to fully surface their requirements; conducting interviews with key project stakeholders and document and presenting the results.
- Assisting business users, project managers and IT leadership in optimizing the scope, benefits and risks of proposed projects; help manage expectations of users and management.
- Defining use cases to articulate new functional software needs and the roles of each class of application user.
- Analyzing the impact of change requests.
- Supporting traceability from requirements through to QA; assisting in the definition of test plans and testing strategies and in the creation of test cases.
- Assisting in the definition of roll out, training and user support plans.
- Creating and/or reviewing manuals, procedures, and related user documentation; ensuring documentation is targeted to the appropriate audience
- Presenting concepts in a concise and focused manner, including narrative, process diagrams, role and accountability diagrams and business-focused story boards.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in information technology or business administration discipline.
- Two plus years experience in business analysis.
- Interviewing and listening skills to elicit detailed requirements
Analytical skills for transforming defined business needs into software requirements
- Verbal and written communication skills, ability to create effective requirements documents and review them with key project stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization.
- Basic understanding of software design and development.
- Experience with any or all of the following highly desirable: CRM, financial reporting, portal, accounting systems.
- Ability to provide leadership and coaching to less experienced business analysts.
- Experience with financial or professional services industries preferred.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting