AJT | Audit Director Job Description
As part of the audit team, the Director will be responsible for:
- Directing and driving the success of multiple engagements.
- Attracting, developing, and retaining top talent.
- Keeping lines of communication open with staff and clients.
- Ability to manage within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high-level of client satisfaction
- Anticipating and addressing client concerns and escalating problems as they arise.
- Initiating ''cross selling'' business to other practices.
- Promoting new ideas and business solutions that result in extended services to existing clients
- Keeping abreast of latest developments as they affect GAAP and the Firm’s standards and policies
- Developing an understanding of client’s business and becoming a ''functional expert'' in the area.
- Promoting new ideas and business solutions that result in extended services to existing clients.
- Work to expand client base and supports business development activities.
- Minimum of ten years recent experience working in a public accounting environment
- Minimum of four years recent experience working in a managerial role within public accounting
- A successful record of attracting, hiring, retaining, and managing an audit team
- Experience in communicating with clients'' senior management.
- Technically proficient in audit and accounting
- Ability to work within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high-level of client satisfaction
- Practice development experience.
- CPA certification
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related field
Additional Experience preferred but not required:
- MBA or other advanced business degree is a plus.
- Experience working for a Big 4 or large regional accounting firm is a plus.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting